Sunday, April 13, 2008

In the beginning of my blog





I was trying out my new camera today, while I was FREEZING I might add, and playing around with my super macro setting. I haven't got much chance to really play with my camera since I got it, so I am AMPED that it is getting warm out. I love the close up, because it looks like the ball has a little lip that pokes out. It reminds me of my mom always telling me not to pout, cause a birdie might come along and poop on my lip!!



Anyway I am trying to change the way I photograph, because for a long time I have just been photographing for the sake of having pictures. I was centering people right in the middle, ignoring the fact pictures are more interesting when the person is of to the side or shot at a different angle. I am challenging myself to take more visually interesting pictures. So, be prepared. I hope you will be delighted and amazed as I do this:)



I am trying to reconnect with myself, my sense of play, my sense of adventure...well, it seems like I am just trying to reconnect with my senses. I hope I will meet lots of friends on my journey.

2 comments:

Latte' Dah said...

You photographs are super. WOW. I am one of those who takes pics centered and random. I admire you for starting out again and setting a goal to photograph more professionally. :)

robin bird said...

you've set an admirable challenge for yourself, "reconnecting with your senses". and in my experience there is something unique and refreshing about connecting with other bloggers along the way of living and creating. welcome to the blogging world. have fun and keep clicking away! that's what i do :)
your friend, bird tweet robin from down the road